Minnipa Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Minnipa (5654) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 392 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Minnipa is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Minnipa was 356 and is comprised of approximately 48.0% females and 52.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Minnipa is 41 years of age.

94.1% of people living in the suburb of Minnipa were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.4% England, 1.1% New Zealand, 1.1% Netherlands.

97.8% of people living in Minnipa speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Minnipa is 19.7% No religion, 19.1% Uniting Church, 17.7% Anglican, 14.9% Lutheran, 11.5% Catholic, 6.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.7% Pentecostal, 1.7% Baptist, 1.7% Other religious affiliation , 0.8% Salvation Army.

60.7% of people are married, 25.4% have never married and 4.8% are divorced and 2.2% are separated. There are 19 widowed people living in Minnipa.

69.2% of the people living in Minnipa over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.7% are working on a part time basis. Minnipa has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Minnipa are 42.4% Managers, 16.8% Professionals, 9.8% Labourers, 9.8% Technicians & trades workers, 8.2% Community & personal service workers, 6.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 1.6% Sales workers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Minnipa work in are 46.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.2% Education and training, 6.5% Health care and social assistance, 6.5% Accommodation and food services, 4.8% Retail trade, 3.2% Other services, 3.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.2% Wholesale trade.

54.3% of homes are fully owned, and 18.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $512 per week and the median household income is $859 per week.

The median rent in Minnipa is $88 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $360 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Minnipa postcode 5654

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Glengowrie 5044 -> Adelaide -> South Australia